Glenn S. Draper
Glenn Draper joined Social Media Victims Law Center in June 2022 after representing victims of mesothelioma and other asbestos-caused diseases since 2004. Glenn was trial counsel for several mesothelioma cases and obtained multi-million-dollar verdicts for his clients. He has taken the depositions of over 300 mesothelioma victims and obtained hundreds of millions of dollars in settlements from the asbestos companies. He joined SMVLC after being outraged by the contents of the Facebook Papers.
Glenn grew up in a military family with his father and brothers serving in the US Navy and US Army. Glenn spent two years on active duty in the US Army, where he was named Soldier of the Year for US Army Support Command Hawaii.
Glenn graduated with honors from the University of Washington Law School in 1994. He was one of several attorneys at Innocence Project Northwest that were awarded the National Law Journal’s Pro Bono Award in 2000 for representing the wrongfully convicted. He was also named a King County Quiet Hero for his pro bono work.
Glenn lives in Seattle, Washington with his wife and three teenage children.
- Federal District Court, Western District of Washington
- Federal District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Juris Doctorate, University of Washington, School of Law University of Washington, School of Law, J.D., 1994
- Washington Law Review
- Moot Court Honor Board
- University of Washington, B.A. Finance. Phi Beta Kappa, 1989, magna cum laude
- Washington State Bar Association
- Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Kitsap County Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
- Multnomah Bar Association Innocence Project Northwest
- American Association for Justice
- Washington State Associations for Justice
- National Organization of Veterans Advocates
- Pro Bono Award, National Law Journal, 2000
- Innocence Project Northwest
- Quiet Hero Award, King County Bar Association, 2001
- Washington Law & Politics, Super Lawyer, 2000 – present
- Washington Super Lawyers, 2000 – 2022
- Author, Enforcing Lawyers Covenants Not to Compete, Washington Law Review (1994)
- Author/Speaker, Dose Reconstruction Evidence – Is it Admissible? Washington State Bar Association,
- Presented at Current Issues in Toxic Torts and Product Liability, on October 18, 2007.
- Speaker, Representing Mesothelioma Victims, Environmental Information Association, Las Vegas, Nevada 2007.
- Author/Speaker, Ethics for Plaintiff’s Lawyers, NBI Seminar, Seattle, WA December 17, 2010.
- Author/Speaker, Motions Practice, Superior Court Boot Camp, Seattle, WA, March 11, 2011.
- Speaker, Medicare Reimbursement Issues—Demystifying Medicare, Plaintiffs Asbestos Litigation Seminar, Las Vegas, Nevada, May 13, 2011.
- Blosser v. Ashcroft Inc., United States District Court for the Western District of Washington, Cause No. 3:17-cv-05243 (representing a sailor exposed to asbestos while serving on the USS Kitty Hawk and other vessels).
- Graff v. ABB, Inc., King County Superior Court Cause No. 17-2-02721-9 SEA (representing an electrician exposed to asbestos in nuclear power plants).